Monday, May 19, 2014

Finding Grace when Face to Face with Our Sin


Sometimes it feel so good to be face to face with our sin because it is THEN, that we get back to clinging to Christ...

As you all know by now-

I am a Mama who likes order and control. I just want everything to fall into place exactly the way I want. Funny how God is really not concerned about my order, routines, and schedules- he wants to-

shape and mold my heart

strengthen and nurture my relationships, and

show me that He has the best plans, ideas and has EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL taken care of...

Had a moment this weekend where I was confronted with my sin- and you know what? It was actually freeing- it brought me back to the sweet trust that comes from crying before Jesus, recognizing my sin and letting Him pick me up, brush me off, and send me on my way once again with His JOY and GRACE pulling me along...

And then I found these awesome quotes and it all came together- and it reinforced some great truths...

“I do not know when I am more perfectly happy than when I am weeping for sin at the foot of the cross.”

-Charles Spurgeon

"In Him, you are not your sin. In Him, you are not your dirt. In Him, you are hidden and your iniquity is made clean by your identity and your identity is in His purity — and when we are our worst, His white hides our dirt best."

-Ann Voskamp

Tasting the sweetness of conviction, repentance and grace today...

1 comment:

Laurie Wallin said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for that email letting me know about your new blog. You're right, there really aren't a lot of good blog resources for moms balancing work and family and faith all at once. So glad you're jumping in to speak to that need! Looking forward to reading more. Go get em!!