Thursday, May 14, 2015

No More Hurricane Living

So as you all know I am working on the Thrive program...I started to look at the questions for the first module and I am not gonna lie-I PANICKED.
 
You know I am going to be honest with you-right?
 

OMG- I need to change and I DON'T LIKE CHANGE, have I mentioned that before??? And I also get overwhelmed very easily when I look at my life as a whole.
 
But guess what? This is what I need to do- in order to get where I want to go, I need to look at WHERE I AM and when I do...this is ugly- can I admit something to you?
 
I oftentimes feel like I am a victim of my circumstances...like there is this gigantic hurricane which is "my life" that has sucked me into it's vortex and I have NO CONTROL over the maddening, never-ending SPIN CYCLE of my life. So I just stay IN IT, keep swirling around and I live "DIZZY" (which rhymes with my nickname Lizzy by the way)...

Dizzy Lizzy....That's me...UGH. In Fact, here is a funny little rhyme that I just thought of-"Dizzy Lizzy in a Tizzy, why on Earth are you so BUSY "(I hope that made you laugh cuz I am giggling to myself at Panera right now!)... 
 
But anyways- on a daily basis-I feel like I fail ALOT and that I make very little progress...This is not true- I am making progress, but what IS true is that I AM NOT A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCES and I CAN CHANGE.
 
And what is ALSO TRUE is that God's grace COVERS me in my DIZZINESS for sure and brings good out of all of it...

BUT...I think I am ready to move AWAY from the hurricane living- how about you? Is it possible?
 
I think it is... why?
 
Because the Bible says that I can live "light and easy" in Christ...
 
Matthew 11:29-30
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (emphasis mine)

 
So back to the Thrive-
...When someone tells me that I can make changes to STOP THIS (the hurricane living)- I listen, with skepticism (sorry Teri!) and some anxiety and here I am panicking- looking at my hurricane living and my feelings of failure and thinking about what needs to change in my life and....
 
God in His AMAZING mercy brings me what I need to move forward-a blog article to help get me grounded and ready and with perfect timing my friend Cheri Gregory reminded me of the MOST IMPORTANT thing to do when faced with failure-Run as fast as you can to Jesus!
 
So before I get too deep into my "WORK" with Thrive I looked at the WORD which says...
 
Matthew 19:26
WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

"And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (emphasis mine)

Philippians 4:13
I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH CHRIST
 
"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."  (emphasis mine)
 
 
THE REASON I CAN THROW OFF EVERY ENCUMBRANCE IS BECAUSE I AM NOT ALONE (SURROUNDED BY A GREAT CLOUD OF WITNESSES) AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!!....
 
AND HOW I WILL DO THIS IS...
I WILL FIX MY EYES ON JESUS WHO IS THE PERFECTER OF MY FAITH
 
Hebrews 12:1-2
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
 
I will be blogging later on this weekend about my plate and some of my questions I have to answer in my first module, but let me encourage you by what Jesus says...

1. You can change because NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

2. You are made for light and easy living in Christ

3. You are not alone

4. You will change and grow by fixing your eyes on Jesus
 

Stay tuned for more on my journey with Thrive!

Lots of love,
Liz

**Do you need some hope today? There are some AMAZING free resources at keeping it personal where you will meet my friend Teri Johnson.**
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

JLong said...

This is awesome! I recently found alot of the therapy in the book "the sweet spot". Maybe it would be a supplement to your Thrive program!

Elizabeth Jones said...

I will definitely check that out! I LOVE the title!