Friday, May 29, 2015

Who do I want to be?

I usually cringe at questions like this- because it is such a HEAVY and BIG question. I want to be so many things and what if I can't BE those things... defining them feels heavy and hard because I am afraid to fail.

BUT- does that mean that I should never have goals and never strive to be thriving in who I am? That is crazy-thinking. So it is with a huge helping of GRACE,  a reminder that I WILL FAIL AND THAT IS OKAY, and that I DO NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT AT ANY OF THESE THINGS that I do my next module with THRIVE.

Here we go- next step in Thrive is to define who I want to be in my "Hats"...I really loved this activity. I am a word girl and I loved putting into words who I want to be. I also loved seeing that I am actually DOING many of these things ALREADY- this was VERY empowering.

Seeing in writing- who I am and who I want to be- not as much pressure as I thought. And I began thinking about the Master Builder of Me, how He knit me together...do you know how hard knitting is? It takes intention, patience, focus and creativity. My sweet God in Heaven knit me together and I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Every stitch of my being has been sewn with Masterful Hands that are Gentle, Precise, and Holy. My inner-most being is BEAUTIFUL because my CREATOR IS BEAUTIFUL. So all of these Hats that I wear- I give them to HIM and ask HIM to bless them as only He can so that I can wear and show off HIS CREATION. He is the designer and I am His Creation.

Before going into my Hats- I had to read Psalm 139: 1-17.

1O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise;
You understand my thoughts from afar.      
3You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.      
4Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.     
5You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.      
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.      
7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?     
8If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
 If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.     
9If I take the wings of the dawn
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,      
10Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.      
11If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,”      
12Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.     

13For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
      

14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,            

And my soul knows it very well.      
15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
      
16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written

 The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.      

17How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!  
   
(emphasis mine) 

When wearing my Daughter of the King Hat, I want to live my faith out-loud and carry the presence of Christ with me everywhere I go. I want my relationship with God to be my first and foremost priority and I want to please and honor the Lord.

When wearing my Liz Hat (Care-Taker and Builder of Self Hat), I want to be a woman who loves herself and takes action to care for my needs, knowing that I am a Temple of the Holy Spirit and that I am responsible for caring of myself.  Additionally, in this Hat, I will take time to nurture what I love and what brings me joy and energy spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially. Lastly, in this hat I will be intentional with the boundaries I set so that I can stay strong and balanced.  
When wearing my Supportive and Fun Wife Hat, I want to love, respect and support my husband to grow to reach his potential in all areas of life. I want to bring a tone of fun, silliness and humor into our relationship. I want to be a safe place for my husband to be himself.

When wearing my Supportive and Fun Mom Hat, I want to love, respect and support my children to grow to reach their potential in all areas of life. I want to bring a tone of fun, silliness and humor into our home so that my children learn the art of joyful living. I want to be a safe place for my children to be themselves.
When wearing my Home and Family Organizer and Supporter Hat, I want to intentionally and carefully manage our schedules, keep up with the order and cleanliness of our home and be aware of our financial strengths and needs in order that I can help our home and family life to be healthy and well-balanced.
When wearing my Ministry Leader, Encourager and Connector Hat, I want to be active in my local church where I lead other women into a stronger relationship with Christ, where I connect women with one another and with the Lord through various activities; Bible Studies, Monthly Breakfasts, Play-Dates, etc...
When wearing my Faithful Friend Hat, I want to intentionally make time to connect with my soul sisters. I want to spend time in prayer and fellowship with them. I want to be a safe place for them and I want to build up my friends.
 When I wear my Writer/Blogger Hat, I want to write words that come from the heart of Jesus, words that encourage, connect and inspire other women to love, trust and serve God and live to their potential as Moms, Wives, Employees, etc... I want to be willing to share my struggles, pains and wounds so that others can see the healing power of Christ in me and be drawn closer to Him.
When I wear my Advocate for Persons with Disabilities Hat, I want to be a professional in the Disability Services field that advocates and sits beside people with disabilities, becoming their student and using my gifts, education and training to help them reach their employment goals and to be aware of their God-given abilities. I also want to stand in the gap for my clients and speak for them when needed, to advocate for them to receive the supports that they need to reach their goals.  

Lots of love!Liz

No comments: