Monday, June 15, 2015

My Words and His Words- Let's Get into the Word Together

Sometimes when I am having a really hard day/week/month, when I feel like a failure on all levels, and I get to that place of total YUCK (tired, grumpy, want to scream)...

I think about all of you. I think about the fact that for some reason God has blessed me with some Mama's-who love the Lord, who love their kids fiercely and who are in the trenches of this mothering and working struggle- who actually take time (which is such a precious commodity) to read my words.
And I think to myself- "Okay God, what are YOUR words for these sweet Mama's."
In THIS ugly moment I am having, what do I need to hear from you. Because truthfully a lot of what I share comes when I have been down in that pit of YUCK and God, once again, brings me back out.

And He gives me something to chew on and it grows and grows inside until I just have to say it, and it is ONLY Him and ONLY through the workings of the Holy Spirit that anything I say can come through the screen and touch your hearts. I had a mentor blogger tell me once that:

"Use your blog to link the arms of your readers to the Lord and to each other."

And that is what I want...Writing, for me, is the BEST way I can capture what I am thinking and feeling and again, it is a privilege to have a space to communicate with all of you- to hopefully remind you as often as you need it that-
-You are LOVED
-You are OKAY
-IT is going to BE OKAY
-You are ENOUGH
-What you offer your kids IS ENOUGH
-You are THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT MAMA TO YOUR KIDS
-Working outside the home is OKAY and IN FACT- IT IS A SPACE, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER, WHERE WE CAN....
GLORIFY GOD
GROW CLOSER TO GOD AND...
PARTNER WITH GOD IN WHAT HE IS DOING IN THIS WORLD
-Your kids KNOW THAT YOU LOVE THEM
-You do NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT, you just HAVE TO BE DEPENDENT ON A PERFECT GOD...
-You are AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST

Sweet Mama- you are SO, SO loved by an Almighty God who counts the hairs on your head.
He not only SEES you but He KNOWS you inside and out.
He cares about every second of your day, from the moment your alarm goes off to the moment you crash on the bed.
He sits next to you while you hold your crying baby.
He stands behind you while you type away at work or talk to your clients.
He watches you as you drive and listens to your prayers, even the one's that you can't even mutter.
He feels the ache in your heart and...
He smiles over you all.day.long.

Think about your kids and how sometimes you just capture them in moments that melt your heart.
I think God does that with us.
I think He sees you, right now, this morning, tonight, yesterday, last week, HE SEES and He is proud of you.
You have tough choices to make.
You may work out of total necessity, you may work because you love what you do and feel called to do it, you may work because you've made some financial mistakes and are trying to make things right, you may work because your spouse has depression and cannot work himself, you might work part-time, full-time, whatever it may be- the REASON does not matter, what MATTERS is that you are a cherished, Daughter of the King...

You are LOVED, VALUED AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN OR CANNOT DO WITH YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR JOB AND ALL THAT GOES WITH THAT THAT CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM HIS LOVE.

The truth of the Gospel is for all Mama's no matter where they find themselves in life.
Jesus died for you, if you believe this, if you have accepted him into your heart and if you wake up each day, aware of your failings and sins, and move towards better choices all the while clinging to grace and being committed to Christ, you are EXACTLY WHERE YOU NEED TO BE.

If you do not want to work outside the home, I am praying for you and praying for God-who already knows your heart-to give you peace, to show you creative solutions, to make space in your day for change, whatever it might be...

All I know is that as a Christian Working Mother, there are few of us, who do not struggle daily with our roles and while I cannot give you the perfect solution to your struggle I do know that there is a PERFECT GOD WHO KNOWS YOUR HEART, YOUR PAIN, YOUR STRUGGLE, YOUR FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY, YOUR FEELINGS OF DOUBT, YOUR FEELINGS OF "LESS THAN" AND HE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS.

And I also know that there is a scripture for EVERY one of these above mentioned feelings to attack them so that you can move through them and overcome!!!
So...I want to start attacking my OWN feelings with the Word. 
So I have a question for you?

Would you like to start memorizing a verse with me on a bi-weekly basis? I don't know about you, but I need to get in the Word and it needs to GET INTO MY HEART MORE. Let's do this together!
I will also be posting the verses on my Christian Working Mama FB Group so we can talk about the verses each week. Ask to join my Public group and I will accept you ASAP.

Let's get even more connected with God and with each other- linking arms to encourage and embrace our community of women and the Lord who brought us together.

No comments: