To take a good hard look at my life and see what HE is up to and be grateful and amazed!!
Being a Working Mom gives us gifts that sometimes are hard to see but when we do, they are a joy to unwrap and embrace....a few of my favorites:
- Being a working Mom allows me the opportunity to be a part of the world and be an ambassador for Christ in the workplace.
- Being a working Mom teaches me how to prioritize my time, how to say "no" to certain things (like committees, elaborate meal preparation) and an "absolute yes!" to others (like glow-sticks in the front yard at 8:00 at night just to see my kiddo's light up and living room picnics because fun needs to happen no matter what time of the day it is).
- Being a working Mom forces me to admit that I cannot do everything myself. I have to allow someone else the privilege of loving on my babies while I am gone. And I do not take one second of that time for granted. Every boo-boo kissed, every lesson taught and every comfort provided means the world to me. And I have been able to develop extremely rich relationships with the amazing women God has placed in my life to watch my kiddos.
- Being a working Mom gives me an abundance of teaching opportunities for my kids as I incorporate lessons I am learning at work, how I see God working in my job and what work provides for our family. Talking about work to my kids has become a very important way for them to see the connection with why Mommy works and what God is doing in the world.
- Being a working Mom brings me to a place of great need. Dependence on God is the ONLY way I can thrive as a working Mom. I need to constantly ask God to help me make the most of every moment because they all COUNT and I treasure them.
- Being a working Mom teaches my kids resilience, independence and the importance of the family unit. When I work, my time with them is limited. They understand that as a family we need to be a team. We need to help each other in order to be strong. My kids learn it is not all about them all the time. They see that all of us have a role to play and that when we are all doing our part- our family is honoring God and each other.
- Being a working Mom allows me to be a strong helpmate for my husband and strengthens our bond as a team. We have goals to reach as a couple. We work to live, we do not live to work. We make sacrifices with extra hours when things need to get done and we take long vacations when time needs to halt for our family to bond. We have to do a lot of communicating and strategizing and paying close attention to everyone's needs in order to keep our family healthy and strong. All of these things HELP our marriage.
As always- I will re-iterate that ALL Moms are working Moms. These lessons I learn, stay at home Moms learn as well as they utilize their amazing gifts and abilities at home to do all of the above.
Be encouraged sweet friends!
Lots of love!